VSO Bahaginan, in its efforts to raise fund for VSO’s trauma recovery activities among the children and families affected by the unrest in Mindanao has initiated a fundraiser dubbed as Kabahagi Ako FUNdraising RUN. Co-presented by THE FORT, this is scheduled on November 9, 5:00 a.m. at The Fort. Registration fee is only P250. More than 2,000 CEOs, managers, professionals, students, development workers,embassy people) runners are anticipated to join the event.
The 5km, 10km, 15km run winners will receive fun prizes from the event partners Accel, Lake Island Resort, IP Ventures, Burlington (official socks of the RUN), First Metro Travel Inc., RUSH, ROX, XFM, Hyatt Hotel and Casino, Imperial Palace Suites, MiniStop, Clusivol, Habagat Outdoors, Richmonde Hotel, PUMA, Syntax, Coca Cola, Smith Bell Insurance Brokers Inc., Roots and Routes, GNC, Breadtalk, Marsman, Forever Flawless, Belo, One Sport and many more.
A special category called Beauty Walk is sponsored by Beverly Hills 6750 for those who are willing to support the cause but have challenges in running long distances.
This is open to all interested individuals, regardless of gender and age, who are willing to support the Kabahagi AKO FUNdraising RUN but could not run for long distances due to whatever reason. Interested individuals should register and indicate in the registration form that they would be participating in the Beauty RUN Category. Since this is a special category, this has not been noted in the registration form. Individuals will just have to indicate “ Beauty RUN” in their registration form. The route of the category will be similar to but less than 5 km run but will have some notices as to where will the route ends. Participants will also be provided with race kits and singlets. Beverly Hills 6750 will provide prizes to the first three runners who reached the finished line.
Interested parties may register at R.O.X. Bonifacio High Street, Global City or VSO Bahaginan 505 Pacific Corporate Center , West Avenue , Quezon City. For inquiries, please call 3746450 – 52 or sms 09178078455.
VSO Bahaginan is a development organisation committed to fighting global poverty and disadvantage through a wide range of volunteering development programmes, including international and national volunteering. Visit www.vsobahaginan.org.ph
Mark Anthony Dasco
3746450 to 52
Or, visit runrio.com for other race details.
VSO Kabahagi Ako singlet photo courtesy of vballrunner
November 15 (Saturday) 4:00pm
Kids Fun Run P200 (12 yrs & below)
5K Open P250
November 16 (Sunday) 5:30am
10K Open & Age Category P350
25K Open & Age Category P550
New Balance Glorietta
Level 1 Glorietta 4, Ayala Center Makati City
Tel No 02 757-5856
New Balance Shangri-la
Level 5, Shangrila Edsa Mall Mandauyong City
Tel No 02 634-2474
New Balance Festival
Level 1, Festival Mall, Alabang Muntinlupa City
Tel No 02 850-3695
Planets Sports Rockwell
Level 2, Rockwell Power Plant Mall, Makati City
Tel No 02 756-5007; 02 898-1553
Planets Sports Trinoma
Level M2 Trinoma, North Ave. Cor EDSA Quezon City
Tel No 02 916-7451
Planets Sports V-Mall
Level 2, V-Mall Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan Metro Manila
Tel No 02 727-5985; 02 721-4704
The Athletes Foot Ermita
Level 2, Roinsons Place Ermita Manila
Tel No 02 536-3342
(Courtesy of takbo.ph)
Men’s Health, with Run For Change as one of its partners brings you the Urbanathlon 2008. For all those UP Runners, this will definitely change your UP Running experience ten-fold!
1. Get up and over the wall.
2. You can use the rope but NOT the wall’s support structures.
3. Once on top, DON’T jump from the wall. You will be disqualified.
4. Ease youself down. You may or may not use the rope.
1. Crawl through the hurdle.
2. Lie face down on the floor and move your body to the end of the hurdle.
3. DON’T go around or over the hurdle. Do so and you will be DQ’d.
4. After passing under the hurdle, move to the next phase.
1. Get over the series of barricades.
2. Never move around the barricades or you’ll be disqualified.
3. After hurdling the barricades, continue to the next part.
1. Find your way out from one side of the maze to the other.
2. Run through the paths WITHOUT touching the walls or the drums.
3. Once through, race to the next obstacle.
1. Get up and over the hurdles.
2. AVOID using the hurdles’ support structures.
3. Both feet MUST hit the ground before passing another hurdle.
4. After that, move to the next challenge.
1. Move through the parked pickups in the lot.
2. ANY means of getting over or through the vehicles is allowed, EXCEPT going around them.
3. Once you’ve passed through the obstacle, race to the finish line.
1. Pass over the series of tires.
2. Step inside the open part of the tire as you go across the field.
3. DON’T pass around the field. Once through, proceed to the next challenge.
Some important urbanathlon reminders:
Please bring the following:
sunglasses / sun protection
Onsite registration will be from 5:30AM to 6:45AM. This schedule will be strictly observed. Race kits will be given upon payment.
You may claim your race kits at Summit Media, 7F Robinsons Cybergate Center Tower 3, Robinsons Pioneer Complex Pioneer St., Mandaluyong City from 10AM to 6PM, from Nov. 12 – 14, 2008.
You may also claim your kit onsite (Nov. 16, 2008) from 5:30 AM – 6:30AM
7:00AM – Warm up (with MH fitness trainer)
7:15AM – Brief rundown of rules and regulation
7:30AM – Race begins
10:00AM – Awarding ceremony
10:30AM – Brunch time!*
Festival area will be open from 6AM – onwards
UNICEF’s It’s time to Walk (or run!) on the Child’s Side
Join us on November 23, Sunday at McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio in Taguig.
Feel free to pass on the poster below to friends and family.
Watch out for:
— special prizes!
— inflatable playground for kids!
….and many more surprises so we’ll see you there!